Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My first baby step to better health

Yesterday, my treadmill came in.  I spent half of my tax return on it because I am at a weight where I had to shop for one with a very high weight capacity.  Yesterday, I walked 1/2 mile in 15 minutes.  I worked up a good sweat and made sure to warm up, cool down, and hydrate.  I haven't been weighing myself regularly, but last summer, I know I was at 440lbs, and this morning I was at 432lbs.  Since the summer, I have been trying to incorporate better foods into my diet, so I had lost a little because of that.  For a few weeks, I was also walking around my apartment complex, but because of some rude people, I decided I wasn't going to put myself through that anymore.  So walking was put on hold until I could get a treadmill.

And now, I have a treadmill.  People can't say any rude or hurtful things while I am walking in the privacy of my own home, so that's not an excuse any more.  I plan to walk for 15 minutes every night to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment