Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Introduction

I've started this blog to hold myself accountable for my goals and to give myself a space separate from my main online accounts where I can be perfectly honest without sugar coating anything.

I am overweight.  I am incredibly overweight.  Morbidly obese if you want to call it that.  I am 5'11" and my heaviest weight was 440lbs last summer.  Today, I am at 432lbs, and my goal weight is 160lbs.  I know it's going to be hard, and I know I will end up with loose skin when all is said and done, but I need to do this.

I want to get married, and I don't want to be as big as I am when I do.  I want to have children and I want to be able to chase them and play with them.  I want to be able to enjoy the activities I used to enjoy like hiking, camping, and martial arts.  At one point in my life, I competed, and I'm not saying I want to get back in competition, but I at least want to be able to consider training again.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and miss it.

My plan is to make small changes, or baby steps, to ultimately improve my quality of life.  I aim to document the changes I make and the struggles I encounter here.  I am doing this for accountability and motivation.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I found your blog because you commented on mine (Jessica's Wedding Dress). Anyway I have skimmed your entries and want to tell you how incredibly proud of you I am. I too, have a weight issue and have just added several pounds in the last four months. It is so disheartening. So as of Monday, I joined a group, MyTerrafit. It is associated with Doterra oils. My friend lost 25 pounds in 90 days. That doesn't sound like much if you have a much higher ultimate goal, but it is sensible to me to lose it slowly, so your body assimilates and gets used to the less amount of pounds. Just my theory. Also I think the skin will adjust if it is lost slowly. So I will be thinking of you as I too begin this journey. Way to go. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete